Thursday, April 19, 2012




Today is Garbage Day

It's a crispy 33 degrees and sunny at 7:00


The WKTV Weather Forecast: "Dry weather continues today and tomorrow, along with warmer temperatures. Highs expected to climb to near 70° this afternoon.

Increasing clouds tonight with lows only in the upper 40s.

Mostly cloudy on Friday, with highs in the lower 70s.

Our team is tracking a complex weather system that will likely bring us some rain and cooler temperatures starting this weekend. A soaking rain is possible Saturday. Just the chance of a shower on Sunday with highs in the 50s. A cool down is expected early next week, along with more wet weather."


******************************

It had to happen sometime:

yesterday was the day when I took only ONE picture......



.............. and I took that single photograph not of something that is there,
but because of something that is NOT there!

Will anyone else notice what that is?

***********************

Not only are there no more pictures to post, there's nothing

IN THE NEWS

******

IN THE MAIL

Three letters regarding

COMING EVENTS

********************************

TONIGHT IN DEANSBORO

From Lawrence Gilley,

The Marshall Historical Society will meet tonight,
April 19, at the Town Hall at 7:30 p.m.

Speaker: Jim Ford
Topic: History of Motts of Bouckville: Sweet Cider Days

************

SATURDAY MORNING
From Rotarian Deb Conway regarding the Annual Earth Day

VILLAGE CLEANUP

Members of the Waterville Rotary Club and Volunteers will gather at the Municipal Hall at 9:00. "We will cover the main streets and try really hard to pick up the common areas or open spaces that are not associated with peoples yards*."

(* If all villagers participate, one way or the other - either by joining the Rotarians or by cleaning up their own property - we can really make a difference!)

*************

AT THE LIBRARY on SATURDAY

PLANT SWAP AT 10:00

******

KIDS' MOVIE at 11:00


**********************

From Betty Barth:

(Click to enlarge!)

****************************

WCS SPORTS SCHEDULE
Please click HERE.

****************************

Yesterday my travels - nearly a hundred miles of them - took me all over the countryside south of Waterville, searching tall, dead trees in or near swampy, wet area, looking for an osprey nest. No luck.

Today I think I'll head northward and end up in the Rome Sand Plains to see if the Trailing Arbutus is blooming, yet, and to read the signage about the Wild Lupine that grows on sand dunes. It may be too early, but perhaps not!

Either way, I'll show you what I find.

****************

MYSTERY SOLVED!

Remember the loaf of home made bread that appeared on my back porch on Easter Sunday?

Well - after a week and more of asking/phoning everyone whom I thought could have been the generous baker - yesterday afternoon I got the answer! I was checking out at Foodking, chatting with Julie about Heidelberg Bread and how like home made bread it tastes, when she said, "The best home made bread I ever had was given to me by ......... .............!"
And I knew right away that I had my answer!

An evening telephone call confirmed my suspicion, but at the request of the baker I'll keep his/her name a secret.......... at least for a while!

****************

Have a great day, everyone