Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday Update

No major news to report friends. Mom is doing quite well, and slowly finding those legs again. We'll be in town again this weekend, but in the mean time wanted to post a couple tidbits of stuff, 'cause that's what the blog is for.
-----------------------------------
Daylight Savings Time
Before you go to bed Saturday, move those clocks ahead one hour!
This time we get to "Spring" ahead. The only downside is that extra hour of sleep we lose, but if it means we're that much closer to summer, I'll deal!

And while you're at it, change the batteries
in your smoke detectors too!


March 12th - last year
So, when I was in town Thursday it was a balmy 60 degrees. Drizzly and gray, but no snow on the ground. And of course, this winter has been pretty tame by comparison to other years. Even last year...

I found pictures from the blog last year on the 12th - school was closed, and then some! Do you remember?

Mom had gotten 27" of snow in the back yard! I don't think we've seen 27" of snow in total this winter. That means, in the next two or three years, it will return with a vengeance.

I (or mom) will blog when there is something blog worthy! Thanks for all the kind notes you've e-mailed to me - I completely understand that Mom is somewhat of an "establishment" to Waterville, and keeping you in the loop is part of what makes small-town America the great place that it is. I had gone into Morgan's last Saturday to pick out a glider and end table with lamp for Mom. Tommy was more than gracious, and had it delivered in about two hours, complete with light bulb! We don't have anything that matches that kind of service and commitment here in suburbia. So the least I can do in return is keep things rolling!
Have a great weekend!
Allison