Thursday, October 4, 2012


It's Garbage Day

61 degrees at 5:45 a.m.

(I know: I'm awake - or at least I may appear to be - but I stayed up watching television 'til nearly 1:00 a.m. so this will be a very brief blog post. I'll add more later in the day, after my nap!)



The WKTV Weather Forecast:  "More clouds and a brief shower possible tomorrow as a weak disturbance approaches from the south.  Partly sunny on Friday with some showers possible late.  Highs both Thursday and Friday above 70.
A strong cold front will arrive as we approach the weekend, knocking down temperatures into the 50s for Saturday and Sunday."


***************************

There doesn't seem to be anything in the morning news nor is there anything blog-worthy in my mail.

Here are just a few photographs that I took, yesterday.



This maple, on East Main Street, is so bright that it's nearly "neon glo!"


Someone has made a very pretty "Welcome" arrangement at Terry Meadows.



At "Fresh Picked" in the old Allen Acres farm stand.



Mary's place, on Newberry Road.


At the Landis Farm on Shanley Road.

***********



Yes - it's still blue.

*********************************


FOR THE RECORD

***********

REMEMBER: 


There's no school on Monday. The Post Office, Library and Municipal Hall will be closed, as well!

***********

More when it happens.

Have a grand weekend, everyone!