Monday, October 8, 2012

Columbus Day


Columbus Day is a U.S. holiday that commemorates the landing of Christopher Columbus in the New World five hundred and twenty years ago, on October 12, 1492.



Traditionally, this is the weekend when summer cottages are closed for the season and "leaf peepers" drive around the countryside taking dozens of pictures of colored foliage.

 I did a little of that yesterday and will continue my tour this afternoon.

***************************

My reason for today's blog post is this:



This little explorer, traveling by foot, has arrived at
Chris Gagnon's home in Oriskany Falls.  Chris writes:  

"I don't know if it is lost or just needs a home, but I am looking for its owner. If he is yours, please email me at chrisgagnon70@aol.com "

**************************************

More tomorrow.  Have a great day everyone!