Tuesday, August 14, 2012

And again, this morning, an invisible gremlin is swiping blog drafts right off my computer! Once second they're there; the next second they're gone.

I spent most of yesterday - and an hour-and-a-half this morning - trying to solve the problem and, frankly, my brain, my eyes and my patience are just about all burned out!

Here are just a few of the Blog Essentials:


METALS COLLECTION TODAY

It's 63 degrees and overcast

The WKTV Weather Forecast: "An area of low pressure will drag in from the west today, bringing with it clouds and an increasing threat for wet weather throughout the day.  Expect widely scattered showers this morning followed by the chance for thunderstorms later this afternoon.  Highs in the upper 70s to near 80. 
Showers and thunderstorms are possible again tonight with lows in the low 60s.
Steadier rain and thunderstorms tomorrow as a cold front swings through.  In the wake of the cold front, expect a good deal of leftover cloud coverage with only peeks of sunshine alongside a few showers.
Dry weather returns along with sunshine on Thursday.  A stronger cold front on Friday will bring thunderstorms, followed by much cooler weather on Saturday."



**************************************

Freida T. Baird

1914 - 1912

*************************************

IN THE MAIL

A special request from Lou Langone
who lives north of the village on Route 12.

"I have been visited by either a lost or abandoned cat for over a week.   It appears to be a grey tiger with black stripes.  I have been feeding it but we already have two cats.  Otherwise,  I would take it in.  If no one claims it I will be looking for a home for it.   Anyone interested  can call me at 841-4622."

**************

At the Library

Today
"Teen Movie Night"
6:00 p.m.

Tomorrow
"Movie Matinée"
1:00 p.m.

Titles have not been announced, but you can be sure that they will be new releases!
(If you want popcorn, please arrive ten minutes early!)

***********************

WEDNESDAY

FARMERS MARKET
11:00 - 6:00

CONCERT IN THE PARK
7:00
featuring

Karl Davis
"All Tuned Up"

(2011 photo from Facebook.)

************************************

Special message for my daughter...



(I'll post this much and then add more, a little bit at a time!)